[mythtv] Re: Next release?

Grant Taylor mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 07 Oct 2002 17:36:17 -0400

> What should it do at the end of a totally pre-recorded program,
> though?  I can make it stop fast-forwarding at the end, but then
> it's going to run out of video to play and quit anyway..

It should stop forwarding and pause; along with that, pause should
allow you to transition directly to ffw/rew.  This way, if ffw is set
to 30s and rew to 5s, you won't fast forward too far and miss the
ending (it's too painful to fast forward 59 minutes of a 60 minute
show to get back).

On a slightly related note, some sort of bookmark feature would be
handy, so you can bail on watching something and pick it up later.  It
probably just needs the playtime stowed in a column under recordings
so it can pick up there again the next time.  Or I guess it could just
go in a file next to the .nuv file, like those png thumbnails.

--
Grant Taylor - gtaylor@picante.com - http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/
  Linux Printing Website and HOWTO:  http://www.linuxprinting.org/