[mythtv] Question about TV out.

Tony Pace mythtv-dev@snowman.net
29 Nov 2002 12:51:47 -0800

Awsome project! I noticed you only started 6 months ago so I almost
didn't bother trying it out. I'm glad I did, great job so far.  This is
the neatest thing since sliced bread.

A little note on RH 8.0, to get XMLTV to compile and work I had to set
my LANG.(export LANG='en_US'). That set me back a couple hours (getting
the TV listings working anyway).

My question, I have a Nvidia GeForce2 with svideo out. It works
perfectly @ 640x480 but @ 800x600, the screen has black lines on the
sides.  I found a cool utility NVTV that let's me correct the problem
and the menu's of MythTV look perfect but when watching TV however, the
picture is all *jittery* and there is a thick line (looks like an
overlap of some kind) on the left side of the screen.

Is there anyway to correct this in the settings?
Or... is there any way to get the menu's to resize to 640x480?

Thanks,

Tony

--
Tony Pace <tony@pcom.dhs.org>