[mythtv] Record on den machine; play on other machines.

Michael Kedl mythtv-dev@snowman.net
27 Nov 2002 19:31:45 -0000

I'm assuming you either compile in the nupple video (sp?) decode stuff
or you really really just want the GUI?  And all the other features:
music/ripping/dvd/etc are either going to call MAC versions or you mean it
will play out of the other box and you are basically just using myth as a
stripped down VNC?  (I use VNC to control my remote machines around work and
 the house)  The advantage I see of using the remote myth for
recording/getting EPG data/holding music/etc. is still limited by the fact I
expect to mount my media over the network.  (an expected limitation on my
part)  I expect that the mysql connection will be using odbc or a direct
mysql socket....

Mike