[mythtv] TV-out quality

Eric F Sorton mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:51:00 -0500

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 11:28:51AM -0600, Greg.Froese@Federated.CA wrote:
> I read on a list (not sure if it was this one) that the best way to
> get quality output to TV is with a VGA converter box, plugs into your
> PC and provides the signal via Coax/RCA plugs.

There are quite a few on the market.  I use "WebCable Plus" manufactured
by "AITech" (http://www.aitech.com/).

> This would be a sweet feature as you would not have to worry about any
> TV-out settings, and operating system wouldn't be a factor, just have to
> find a resolution that works on TV (typically 800x600).

You are correct with regards to the TV-out settings.  There is no need
to worry about configuring the TV out settings.  You just have to
configure X to work at one of the resultions supported by the device
(the WebCable Plus supports 640x480, 800x600, and 1024x7680).  It
handles the conversion to the NTSC (or PAL signal) automatically.

> Does anybody use one of these currently?  Any issues with Myth to do
> this?

No issues; works great.

> And where can I find one of these?  Any online retailers in Canada?

Does buy.com ship to Canada?  If so, try this link:

	http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10312546&loc=101

Eric

--
Eric F. Sorton <erics@cfl.rr.com>