[mythtv] Hardware advice (Via Eden Board) / Video Card.

Mr. Adam ALLEN mythtv-dev@snowman.net
25 Nov 2002 21:44:43 +0000

--=-taGgwbhoqfdnRQBZ5jP8

Discovered MythTV last night and very, very impressed.=20
But I need to dedicate (and buy) some hardware for the system.

I have two choices:

1) Buy a Via Eden board.
Not sure about these cheap boards, =A3 80 with 800Mhz chip on board,
integrated video (with TVout), sound and LAN. Linux compatibility is the
worst - so far through lots of searching google  - asking here if anyone
knows of show stoppers.
I've not found specific chipsets used. It's critical that the on-board
stuff works because it only has one PCI slot for the capture card. It's
advantage is that it's fanless- so won't keep me awake at night!
Dedicated an Athlon with huge fan is too noisy!!

http://www.viavpsd.com/products/epia_mini_itx_spec.jsp

2) Use my old AMD K6-3 450Mhz - but I'd need to find a new video card
(cheap) with TV-out...
What card is recommended?

Thanks for a great piece of software - very, very impressed.

--=20
NAME    :	Adam Allen.
EMAIL   :	adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk

COMMENT :	~~~~ insert your favourite signature comment here ~~~~

PGP     :	http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=3Dvindex&search=
=3Dadam%40dynamicinteraction.co.uk

--=-taGgwbhoqfdnRQBZ5jP8

--=-taGgwbhoqfdnRQBZ5jP8--