[mythtv] I'm new...

Greg Boyd mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:34:54 -0800 (PST)

Hello-

I'm new to MythTV and to LINUX actually -

I'm hoping to install Red Hat8 on a PIII 800MHz with
256megs of ram.  I've got a new ATI all in wonder and
have found that the software bundled with it is crap.
(It never starts up to record my programs for one
thing). So the switch to linux and mythtv is a
welcomed project/hobby for me.  I'm surrounded by
linux friends who are supporting my decision and will
help me that that part of the deal... but we don't
know much about the compressions, optimal resolutions
and video in general.

There are so many great things about MythTV, but I'm
concerned that this machine won't hack it.  Any tips
about getting the most out of this set up would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg