[mythtv] segfault with mithfilldatabase

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 13:14:49 -0500

On Sunday 17 November 2002 10:10 am, David Klotz wrote:
> On Son, 2002-11-17 at 15:02, Christian Hoenig wrote:
> > No, its because tv_grab_de is returning faulty data to mythfilldb.
> > I have made a patch for tv_grab_de to fix this, but I will change to a
> > new system, using nxtvepg for retrieving the tv.xml files.
>
> hmm, on the freevo site it says (or said, i can't find it in their new
> documentation wikiwiki) that for german users you don't need xmltv, you
> could just grab the tv listings from the web like that:
> wget http://yasd.cc/xmltv/tv_`date +%Y%m%d`.xml.gz --output-document=- |
> gzip -d > /tmp/TV.xml
>
> is there a way to integrate that method into MythTV?

All tv_grab_de does is download those exact same xml files.

> am i doing something wrong when applying your patch, or is there a
> problem in the patch?

His patch reads in another file and prepends it to the xml downloaded by
tv_grab_de..  He didn't include the other file it reads, is all =)

The main issues with the tv_grab_de data are:

- tv_grab_de's data contains no <channel> entries in the xml.
- tv_grab_de's data's timestamp format is different than all the other xmltv
grabbers.  It uses YYYYMMDDhhmm instead of YYYYMMDDhhmmss.
Mysql interprets the 12 digit timestamp as YYMMDDhhmmss, messing stuff up.

Both problems _could_ be worked around in mythfilldatabase, though his patch
pretty much fixes things in the xmltv grabber, if you have the external file
that contains all the <channel> entries and stuff.

Isaac