[mythtv] segfault with mithfilldatabase

David Klotz mythtv-dev@snowman.net
17 Nov 2002 16:10:11 +0100

On Son, 2002-11-17 at 15:02, Christian Hoenig wrote:
> No, its because tv_grab_de is returning faulty data to mythfilldb.
> I have made a patch for tv_grab_de to fix this, but I will change to a new
> system, using nxtvepg for retrieving the tv.xml files.

hmm, on the freevo site it says (or said, i can't find it in their new
documentation wikiwiki) that for german users you don't need xmltv, you
could just grab the tv listings from the web like that:
wget http://yasd.cc/xmltv/tv_`date +%Y%m%d`.xml.gz --output-document=- |
gzip -d > /tmp/TV.xml

is there a way to integrate that method into MythTV?

> This is the patch, I hope it works.

i have problems applying your patch, if i apply it using "patch -u
tv_grab_de tvgrabde.patch" it says:
patching file tv_grab_de
Hunk #2 FAILED at 165.
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file tv_grab_de.rej

and if i use "patch -l -u tv_grab_de tvgrabde.patch", the patch applies
fine, but after it, tv_grab_de seems to be broken, it gives the
following output:
readline() on closed filehandle CHANFILE at ./tv_grab_de line 194.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/share/perl5/XMLTV.pm line 218.
no <tv> element found at ./tv_grab_de line 200

am i doing something wrong when applying your patch, or is there a
problem in the patch?

cya,
david