[mythtv] What's best for MythTV - Uniprocessor Athlon XP 2100 or two Athlon MP 1500s?

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:10:01 -0500

On Tuesday 12 November 2002 01:59 pm, Cedar McKay wrote:
> >  I expect to have only one TV tuner card, at least to start (Radeon
> > 7500 AIW).
>
> if this is an AGP card rather than a PCI card you might have some
> complications. I asked the list whether you could use an AIW card a
> while ago and I didn't get a satisfactory response. I was not able to
> varify that it (agp or pci) was v4l compliant. If you already have the
> AIW card, give it a shot, and let me know if you get it working. If
> not, you might want to take the safe option of getting a PCI capture
> card, something like a Hauppauge WinTV.

You asked on here?  It's been stated several times that the AIW cards will not
work as a combined tuner/playback card, due to driver and hardware
limitations.

Isaac