[mythtv] What's best for MythTV - Uniprocessor Athlon XP 2100 or two Athlon MP 1500s?

Dan Schwarz mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:55:06 -0500

So I'm assembling my mythTV box and I'd like some input from folks who
have real world experience using these. I expect to have only one TV
tuner card, at least to start (Radeon 7500 AIW).  Is it worthwhile to
get a multiprocessor box - will mythTV make use of both CPUs effectively?

If I get the uniprocessor box, can I expect to use the box for any other
purpose while mythTV is doing a simultaneous encode + decode? (i.e. run
Emacs via remote SSH session, run OpenOffice in a VNC session , etc.)

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Regards,

Da