[mythtv] Still having problems with 'mythtv' -- No Video

tarek Lubani mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 00:13:02 -0500 (EST)

As I understand, the easiest way is to do:

# fuser /dev/dsp

Though it is possible that some of the daemons may not register on it..
not sure, but try it out and see what's up.. You can go into KDE's control
panel (if running KDE) and get to your sound options and disable whatever
server you're using.. You could also run another window manager.. it is my
experience that only the higher end window managers (kde, gnome) will run
their own sound servers..

Good luck, my friend!

tarek : )