[mythtv] Getting read for Myth

Jeremy Oddo mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 12:52:55 -0800 (PST)

WOW!  I gotta say, this is by far the WORST install I've ever had to go
thru.  Keep in mind that I'm not even to the MythTV stuff yet!  MythTV has
some requirements...and those requirements have requirements...and so on,
and so on.

Has anyone found any DECENT information on getting a WinTV (bttv) card
drivers installed?  Do I need to rebuild the kernel for module support?
How the hell do I do that?!

I was compiling a list of steps I had to go thru to install Myth, but I
gotta say, I'm freakin' confused right now, and I haven't even gotten to
the Myth stuff yet!  That $200 Tivo is looking pretty good right now :(

Grrrrr...
Jeremy