[mythtv] mythfilldatabas error/problem

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 19:04:03 -0500

On Wednesday 06 November 2002 06:42 pm, Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> Hi all, I was going through the archive today tracking the problem we've
> been having with mythfilldatabase.  I just wanted to add that if
> unchecked, pronounced left it running all night, it will use a lot of
> disk space.  The actual file is mysql.log file in /var/log/mysql
> directory.  I've included a snippet of what's repeated in the log, just
> in case it's usefull to Isaac or anyone else:
>
> I am currently updating to the current cvs and will try it again...

As Robert Kulagowski confirmed last night, its fixed.

> This is continuously repeated from 0-128 up to 1.8 GB!!!
>

> 21 Query  SELECT channum,callsign,icon FROM channel WHERE channum = 0
> 21 Query  SELECT channum,callsign,icon FROM channel WHERE channum = 128

These queries don't come from mythfilldatabase.  They're from a pre-August
29th version of the guidegrid -- that's only place such a query would loop
like that.  The mythfilldatabase looping issue would produce quries like:

  SELECT channum FROM channel where chanid = x;

But that doesn't really matter, as it's been fixed.

Isaac