[mythtv] Feature Idea: Closed caption extraction and text search, skip to quote

Grant Taylor mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:15:24 -0500

> On Monday 04 November 2002 12:10 pm, Dan Schwarz wrote:

>> Does mythtv support closed captioned text? If so, I wonder if anyone has
>> [...]
>> One could also extract and view or email a complete program summary
>> based on the closed caption text.

> Also -- don't catch what someone said in a show, seek back, turn on
> the CC display, etc, would be fairly neat.

And one could straightforwardly weed out duplicate episodes without
being limited by the details in the tv guide data.

CC's might also be another source for commercial boundary information;
often one or the other isn't captioned.  Although I suspect the
presence or absence of CC data may not be so clear...

--
Grant Taylor - gtaylor@picante.com - http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/
    Linux Printing Website and HOWTO:  http://www.linuxprinting.org/