[mythtv] IR Blaster Trasmitter

Jeremy Oddo mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:54:31 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to track down my IR transmitter problems and I know that
several people on the list have it working properly, so I'm seeking a
little advice.

I have an ACTiSYS 200L and a homegrown IR rx/tx.  I can't be certain that
my homegrown transmitter is wired properly, so I hooked the ACTiSYS back
up, recompiled LIRC, and loaded the lirc_sir module.  I can get the
ACTiSYS to receive IR commands no problem, but I can't get it to SEND IR
transmittions to my VCR.  Are there special steps one must take to get the
transmitter to function properly?  I can now send IR commands using the
"rc SEND_ONCE" command, and it doesn't complain--it all looks like it's
working properly but my VCR isn't responding.

Any pointers?