[mythtv] Save Position?

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 21:25:16 -0500

On Sunday 29 December 2002 09:07 pm, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Not to worry Aaron, I saw the flaky save position in 0.7 too
> and it has improved since. It will be much more reliable when
> 8.0 is released.

It was a bug with > 2 GB files -- sometimes the seek table wouldn't get
written, so it wouldn't let you save the position, and sometimes it _would_
get saved, but the player would have problems reading it in.  Both the same
problem, really -- I had thought that lseek got auto-redirected to lseek64
like fopen does, but, well, it doesn't =)

Isaac