[mythtv] Play and Delete window resize bug in 0.7?

Dave Caplinger mythtv-dev@snowman.net
29 Dec 2002 16:32:56 -0600

OK, I've searched the archives and didn't find it so maybe this is a
real, unreported bug (or maybe it's fixed in CVS; there's no way to tell
that I can figure out short of installing and running the CVS code,
which seems to be strongly discouraged.)

On the "play previously recorded programs" screen and the "delete
recordings screen" (which I gather are using the same code now?), if the
title of one of the shows is "too long", then when you arrow down to
select it, the window will resize and push the right side of the window
off-screen (which cuts off the scrollbar and part of the preview window
at the bottom).  If you ESC out and then re-enter the screen everything
is fine again (provided the first item in your list of recordings is not
"too long").

I don't know what the exact number of characters is that triggers this,
but in my case the title of the show was "Rescue Heroes: Global Response
Team".

Has anyone else seen this?  If this is fixed and there's someplace else
I could have looked to find this out, please let me know and I'll be
sure to look there in the future.  Thanks!

PS - Does anyone else think it's a bit odd that the Play and Delete
windows sort their recordings in different orders?  I have lots (!) of
Trading Spaces recorded from TLC's Christmas Day marathon, and when I
want to delete one, I have to manually remember the exact time of the
one I just watched so I can go to the Delete window and find that one to
delete it.  I know this has been a point of contention in the past, but
in my opinion, when the application makes the user have to memorize
things when going from one area to another, then the user interaction
design has "an opportunity for improvement." :-)

--
Dave Caplinger <dent@cox.net>