[mythtv] WinTV GO and btaudio... no sound

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 16:01:43 -0800

On 22 Dec 2002 at 2:12, Bruce Markey wrote:

> This is what I meant a couple weeks ago that the second
> card didn't have speakers so you need aplay to hear the
> audio for the second tuner. "aplay" reads the sampled
> data from /dev/dsp1 the way MythTV will read the sampled
> data from /dev/dsp1 . The btaudio doc suggests using sox
> to read the DSP device whereas aplay is an ALSA specific
> tool for doing the same thing.

Well I'll be..... it actually works!!! (at least with xawtv). A/V sync is
_slightly_ off.

sox -w -r 32000 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp3 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp

/dev/dsp3 is the digital dsp for my ATI TV Wonder which is my secondary
tuner.

Otoh, hitting V while watching live tv results in a complete lockup of the
system :-(

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting