[mythtv] Gentoo & MythTV

Mike Payson mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 21:17:45 -0800

Well, after all that I decided to go back to Gentoo after all... Debian looks
nice, but I really don't feel like learning another distro right now... I'd
rather focus on this project. I'm comfortable with Gentoo, it's package
management rocks, and it should be the fastest as well.

So what are the recommended USE tags for MythTV. I'm leaning towards not
installing X. I have a Linux workstation with X, so I might as well not
install it on my MythTV box (It's not required, right?).

So far I have:
USE="qt matrox mysql"

Anything else? oss? alsa? fbcon? svga?

Here's a list of all available use flags:
http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml

Thanks!
Mike