[mythtv] Which Distro?

Tony Clark mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 10:36:50 +0100

I normaly use Gentoo but for kicks I set up another box with RH8.  It worked
pretty well.  I've just converted the box over to Gentoo though, as I am
interested to see if the optimisation that you get with Gentoo gives any real
advantages.  It should and it maybe a good choice for those light on
processor grunt.

I think you have to expect some issues with Mythtv as it is still in heavy
development mode.  0.7 is quite stable but still has a few quirks.  It would
be nice to see 0.8 out or maybe even a back port of some of the bug fixes and
make a 0.71.  To maintain the current 0.7 would require someone with the
necessary skill and interest to do it.  The current developers seem to be
pretty busy getting stuff done for the next release and it wouldn't be fair
to asked them to back port patchs.  I would help but I'm no c++ programer.

tony

--
Contract ASIC and FPGA design.
Telephone