[mythtv] performance

m0j0.j0j0 mythtv-dev@snowman.net
18 Dec 2002 13:55:12 -0600

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 12:53, Greg.Froese@Federated.CA wrote:
> Kevin,
> I echo your concerns about the non-aiw version of the Radeon.  I also have
> the Radeon 7500 (non-aiw) and
> had the same question about gatos.  Right now myth works great for me
> except i do not see the program
> guide when watching live-tv, it doesn't seem to overlay the video.
>
> are the gatos drivers also for non-aiw Radeon cards and what are the
> benefits?
> gf

I had the program guide both before and after switching to Gatos. The
reason I installed Gatos actually dealt with my system locking up
occasionally. It seemed to always happen if the "star wars - linux
kernel" screensaver came on. Googling around led me to someone blaming
the standard Radeon DRI drivers for the problem. I installed the Gatos
version based on that recommendation and as a side-affect it seems to
have improved my Myth performance. Myth is still using way more
resources then it should on my box, but it's getting closer.

-j