[mythtv] performance

Kevin Bowen mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:57:27 -0800

>The big thing about the Gatos drivers is the improved Xv support.  As far
>as AIW, I would avoid it still (due to the Tv-out support issues).
OK, I'm a linux newbie... googled for 'Xv' - are you talking about the image
editing program? If so, how does it relate to myth? or is this a case of
mistaken acronyms?

>On the SoundBlaster Live, SBLive has a history of causing PCI problems
>on all vendors motherboards (VIA just being the most affected).
Can you point me to more info on this? I've been using the Live for quite
some time and have gotten fairly familiar with the community at large's
views on the card... I do amateur/pro/audio/recording work and have found
the card great for my purposes (its basicly a rebadged, rebundled version of
a card which sells under pro audio monickers for 10x more) and isn't known
to have any troubling PCI issues... at least under windows... are the
problems you speak of linux-specific? Stability issues? I've had the card
running very stable under redhat so far, so I'd have no reason to switch to
something else unless I discovered it had been implicated in performance
issues.

--
-Monty Walls (mwalls@castor.oktax.state.ok.us)
-	MIS, Oklahoma Tax Commission