[mythtv] performance

Monty Walls mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:11:35 -0600

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:53:56 -0600
Greg.Froese@federated.ca wrote:

> Kevin,
> I echo your concerns about the non-aiw version of the Radeon.  I also have
> the Radeon 7500 (non-aiw) and
> had the same question about gatos.  Right now myth works great for me
> except i do not see the program
> guide when watching live-tv, it doesn't seem to overlay the video.
>
> are the gatos drivers also for non-aiw Radeon cards and what are the
> benefits?
> gf

The big thing about the Gatos drivers is the improved Xv support.  As far
as AIW, I would avoid it still (due to the Tv-out support issues).

On the SoundBlaster Live, SBLive has a history of causing PCI problems
on all vendors motherboards (VIA just being the most affected).

--
-Monty Walls (mwalls@castor.oktax.state.ok.us)
-	MIS, Oklahoma Tax Commission