[mythtv] RedHat 8.0 and hardware questions.

Ray mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:09:56 -0700

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 12:41:57PM -0600, m0j0.j0j0 wrote:
> Right, system load of about 2.00 for live-only TV. Not good...
> During live-only TV, I have two main mythfrontend threads, one at about
> 50-60% CPU and the other between 30-40%. Nothing much else running on
> this box.
> During playback-only of recorded shows, I have one thread between
> 20-40%. Percentages seem to bounce around a fair amount in 'top' for
> Myth.
> Live TV is super jerky with pauses every 10-15 seconds. Playback of
> recorded shows is not as jerky, but still not right. I'm not sure if
> it's the playback that is giving me the problems or the original *.nuv
> files have issues and there's a problem in how my system is recording
> them. I will attempt to play one of them on a different host.

How about cpu usage when just recording?  Do these numbers all mostly match
up with what you see when playing and recording with mplayer, ffmpeg, or
whatever?  How about if you record with audio off?