[mythtv] performance

m0j0.j0j0 mythtv-dev@snowman.net
18 Dec 2002 01:00:13 -0600

On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 19:11, Kevin Bowen wrote:
> Hello all,
> I've been browsing through the searchable list database and seeing
> discussions about some people with apparently similar hardware setups
> getting vastly different myth performance, specifically some people with
> athlon XP 1800+ systems seeing 50-60% cpu for live tv with mpeg4 640x480,
> others at 95+%. In the time since the original thread on this topic, has
> anyone made any progress on figuring out this issue? I'm curious because I
> am in the latter category and want to see what I can do to get out of it.

The massive jerkiness in my live TV *seems* to have gone away (XP2100+
system). It appears that installing the Gatos ati.2 and drm-kernel stuff
for my Radeon 7000 AGP (non-AiW) fixed the problem. Maybe this is just a
coincidence... My box still runs at about 90% CPU for live, but it
doesn't always pause like before.

-j