[mythtv] Still no sound

John S Flowers mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 21:46:55 -0600

This may be a simple question, but...

I have:
  . Soundblaster PCI 16 sound card.
  . nVidia TNT2 AGP Video
  . ATI TV Wonder VE
  . other, normal stuff

I have sound support up and working. I'm able to play sounds using the
sound card (I've both enabled & disabled KDE sound server). I'm able to
cat .au and .wav files to /dev/dsp and it works.

If I connect the ATI TV Wonder VE sound output to the Soundblaster LINE
IN connection, I get real-time sound for whatever channel I'm watching.

If I disconnect the LINE IN from the TV Wonder, no sound.

Recorded shows don't seem to have any sound either (when they play
back). I've tried both mjpeg and mpeg-4 recording.

I also get the "strange error flushing buffer..." message when I load
mythtv, but I can watch television (with no sound) just fine.

Am I missing something obvious?

/-
| John S Flowers  <johnsflowers | j.flowers > @mac.com
www.scruffythinker.com
| Writer | Security Guru | Philosopher | Writer's Cult  |
www.freeplaytv.org
www.nCircle.com )