[mythtv] Mythtv crash with "incorrect codes"

Ray mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 20:42:08 -0700

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 02:49:05PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> That is an internal libavcodec error.  It could probably be anything,
> including corruption of the compressed stream or memory corruption; I didn't
> try to narrow it down.  I would suspect your hardware first, then maybe your
> compiler.

Thanks,  the memory and disk tested out OK.  I also did some testing with
the mjpeg tools to get an idea of what this hardware (Duron 650 96MB ram)
could handle.  No obvious problems except that the load, specifically the
"system" load as shown in top, seems higher then I remember from my other
box (dual celeron 500s) but I've still got around 30% idle while watching TV
so that's OK.  The only things I've changed are to drop the quality (I'm
using hardware mjpeg) to 60 and turn back on audio compression.  In any
event the problem seems gone now.  I've been recording/playing/playing_live
most of the afternoon without a crash.

BTW for anyone planning it, the performance over NFS seems pretty decent.
According to xnetload I'm transferring around 1MB/s in each direction while
watching live TV.  While recording and watching I'm sending 1.8MB/s and
FF/RW starts to get a bit sluggish but it's still quite viewable.

--
Ray