[mythtv] Questions on CVS install from around 12/05/02

Bruce Markey mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:54:18 -0800

Jeremy Oddo wrote:
> Hi All--
>
> I had downloaded a CVS tarball from around 12/05/02 +/- a day.  This
> weekend I decided to compile that cvs version because it had a few things
> in it that I really needed.  But now I notice a few oddities:
>
> First, and pardon me if someone brought this up already, when mythtv
> starts up fullscreen, it's not REALLY full screen.  There's about a 32-48
> pixel gap along the bottom of frame.  I actually see the window border.  I
> can even drag the border down.  But every time, it starts up around 32-48
> pixels shy of full screen.

I saw this too with KDE. It covered the screen after moving
down 2% by setting "xScanDisplacement=2". This may fix it
for you until Matttew's stuff goes in.

> Second, everything SEEMS like it's working BUT my scheduled programs
> aren't being recorded.  I was thinking that perhaps there was a change in
> the database structure so I looked in the database dir and there's a
> handful of .sql files.  Do I need to update my database somehow or is this
> not my problem?

If there is a "0-7-to-0-8.sql" you need to run it thru
"mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg < 0-7-to-0-8.sql" then
go to Setup->Recording to set a recording profile.

--  bjm