[mythtv] Trading CPU for disk (capture using low cpu codec?)

Bruce Markey mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 02:43:58 -0800

Henk Poley wrote:
> <flamebait>
> Hae, no-my-way-is-better discussions tend to be solved by implementing
> both...
>
> They don't 'bite' eachother either. What do you got to lose? Recompression
> is a feature most people want anyways (to burn to CD). And another codec
> (if we may find a good one) just adds to the compatibility/plugabilty.
>
> Go get one!
> </flamebait>

OUCH! I didn't intend a my-way-is-better stance at all.
My apologies if it seemed that way. I acknowlege that
recompression is on the todo list and it's a good thing
and I don't oppose it.

The original question had to do with the trade-offs between
CPU usage and disk size. My only point is that adequate CPU
is a good investment.

--  bjm