[mythtv] Direct TV Support

tarek Lubani mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:45:08 -0500

Hmm. All of this work is already done.. IR Receiver / transmitter sets are
just about the "easiest" (used in quotation marks because I don't really
know) thing to do.. If you're making home brew, you are no doubt familiar
with LIRC.. LIRC (www.lirc.org) and winLIRC (www.winlirc.org) include
almost everything you need to do having to do with IR, especially home
brew.. I've used winlirc a lot, and it's relatively straight forward, and
lirc is no doubt as easy..

We are working on DirecTV, but I'm not exactly sure what the deal is with
your system.. You can let me know a little more on or offlist about the
following so maybe we can go from there:

1) can you grab the channels with mythfilldatabase?
2) do they display properly?
3) what else is going on.. how does it "not work"?

tarek : )