[mythtv] Direct TV Support

Neil Trodden mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 23:04:45 +0000

At 07:02 12/12/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Check http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-10.html#ss10.2   points 10.2 and
>10.3
>
>It worked nice for me.
>
>Roberto

I'm working on a home-brew ir receiver and transmitter. I was thinking
hacking together
a script to learn the ir commands from my Sky Digibox (uk) remote for 0-9,
plus the
sequence to put the box in a position to receive a channel change number
(The 'Sky'
button on my remote).

The script to actually change channels could be very generic. You would run
the above
  script to learn and store the ir codes for your set-top box and the
channel change script
  would look up and send the required ir commands:

changechannel.pl 105:
look up code for channel change prepare state   (code for "SKY" button, in
my case)
look up codes for buttons '1','0' and '5'               (codes previously
stored for 0-9 buttons)
send 'SKY','1','0','5'

This could work for a lot of people, depending on whether it's possible to
learn
any remote from a simple serial port receiver.

I'm a bit stumped with setting up my satellite channels with mythtv. I just
need to
get it to the state where I can add 2 satellite channels to mythtv and get
mythtv calling the channelchange program. I'm working with 0.7 at the
moment, is the
functionality there yet, or do I need to go for a cvs version?

Neil Trodden