[mythtv] Simple player

Chris Stratton mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 06:34:50 -0800 (PST)

I have a Athlon-xp 2100... 80GB 7200rpm 8M cache
Here are some of my observations...
Myth was jumpy and audio was having buffering problems according to
console.

I turned on DMA and I switched to ext3 for my filesystem. Don't know if
it was the combination or one of the 2 variables...but whatever it was
my replay is as smooth as glass now and no audio problems.

I am recording with mpeg4 640x480 cpu runs about 54-60%