[mythtv] Re: change program recording time feature

Dan Schwarz mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:10:27 -0500

On Wednesday 11 December 2002 11:57 pm, Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Wednesday 11 December 2002 10:04 pm, Calvin Harrigan wrote:
>

>>> I think this might have come up before, but here goes anyways.
>>> Have you ever just wanted to record part of a show and if you record the
>>> entire thing it conflicts with another scheduled recording?
>>

>http://www.snowman.net/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2002-December/002219.html
>
>is in CVS, and does pretty much that, though the UI's not completely finished.
>I'm sure Dan wouldn't mind some help with the UI =)
>
>Isaac

That's correct, see MC/programs/mythfrontend/setrectime.cpp.  And I
would definitely be interested in improving the UI, see my patch
submission for a list of areas that need work.  I have some ideas for
how to move forward functionality-wise as well (the code could easily
calculate the exact amount of time to cut off a program to avoid
conflict).  If interested in working on any of this, drop me an email.

Right now I'm running with the CVS head and it's not working well for me
(can't watch live TV or recorded programs using myth). so I'm trying to
figure out what's gone wrong. Once it's functioning again I can get back
to working on this code.

Dan

ds