[mythtv] My RedHat 8 Setup VS. Docs

Bernard Johnson mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 03:25:13 -0700

Here are the files that I built so I could re-create a setup:

http://www.symetrix.com/files/mythtv

They do *NOT* include rpms that are included in the redhat updates.  The are
only the rpms that you would have had to build by hand because they are not
available through redhat.

Get lame rpms from http://www.freshrpms.net

This now compresses down to:
steps 5.2-5.3 - just install rpms provided.

TODO: a matroxfb kernel (I have one but it's not too stable) RPM
TODO: a RPM for mythtv itself

NOTE:  The faq says that you need to find the qt-MySQL rpm elsewhere, but
it's provided by redhat, so that is not necessary.  Also the faq talks about
a typical install and lists KDE/KDE-dev, which is not necessary...

CALL FOR HELP:
If *anyone* has their Matrox Marvel G400-TV working with myth in this
configuration:
dual head, framebuffer mode
X runs on framebuffers, 2nd head is tvout
full acceleration, scaling support

Note I'm talking about a Marvel G400-TV and not a Millenium.  I'm not sure
what the difference is.  In either case, get ahold of me :)

OR ANYTHING CLOSE

please let me know.  I've put the WinTV in my machine as well, but so far
the Matrox produces a better xawtv picture, so I'm assuming it will look
better if I can just get it working.