[mythtv] My RedHat 8 Setup VS. Docs

Brent Norris mythtv-dev@snowman.net
08 Dec 2002 07:55:09 -0600

I can provide the space for them if you need it. I just did this install
as well and I found that there are a few things that aren't really in
the docs.  After re-reading them I bet that the various things in the
"Install <insert package group> from the red-hat package manager" would
have probably contained all I needed, but I am loathe to install a bunch
of stuff that I don't need on a machine where hard drive space will be a
big deal.  Perhaps a list of what packages exactly should be installed
would be nice.  Also some of the stuff that isn't listed in the Redhat
section (The mandrake 9.0 section I think) is needed.