[mythtv] Feature suggestion, automatic old show deletion.

Mark Musone mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 13:42:12 -0500

Great Idea.. it's called programming groups..

you can specify a group for "Friends" and you specify how many shows you
want ot record in the group..
and it'll just keep recording over the old shows..so if you have 3 slots
configured for "friends", you
know you'll always have the three latest shows.

-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net [mailto:mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net]
On Behalf Of Ray
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 1:26 PM
To: mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Subject: [mythtv] Feature suggestion, automatic old show deletion.

One thing I'd like to see is the option to automatically delete old
shows to make room for new recordings.  When adding a timed recording
the user should get an option to choose a priority for the show so some
recordings would get deleted in preference to others.  As the program
ages the priority would drop and watching the program would also drop it
so older and previously viewed programs would get deleted first.  I'd
like this because there are several news shows that I record from 2-6am
and ff through over morning coffee.  If I don't have time to watch them
that morning they might as well be deleted if more room is needed since
there'll be newer versions tommorow.
Also having to remember to delete every show after watching it is a
minor annoyance.

--
Ray