[mythtv] Feature suggestion, automatic old show deletion.

Ray mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:26:01 -0700

One thing I'd like to see is the option to automatically delete old shows to
make room for new recordings.  When adding a timed recording the user should
get an option to choose a priority for the show so some recordings would get
deleted in preference to others.  As the program ages the priority would
drop and watching the program would also drop it so older and previously
viewed programs would get deleted first.  I'd like this because there are
several news shows that I record from 2-6am and ff through over morning
coffee.  If I don't have time to watch them that morning they might as well
be deleted if more room is needed since there'll be newer versions tommorow.
Also having to remember to delete every show after watching it is a minor
annoyance.

--
Ray