[mythtv] BTAudio Module

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 08 Dec 2002 21:08:49 -0800

On 8 Dec 2002 at 20:43, Bruce Markey wrote:

> I seem to remember from your earlier posts that you assumed
> that the "N" key switched which tuner card is used for the
> fullscreen. As it turns out, "N swaps the two channels"
> means the first card is always fullscreen and the second is
> always PIP. Only the channels they are tuned to are reverse.

Oh.... so when I switch, it basically means that video and audio ALWAYS come
from the first tuner card. Well that would explain why I lose sound for both
channels/tuners when I plug out the line-in cable from the sound card to the
primary tuner card.

Damn, and here I thought I had it working right!

> To test in myth, you should try recording two shows at the
> same time to see if they both have audio. However, this could
I think I tried that and got unpleasant results :-(

> be a slow process to test several times. "aplay" will tell
> you immediately if you can read from the device the way myth
Nope, I made another posting with an error I was getting when running aplay,
basically that stopped that test completely.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting