[mythtv] BTAudio Module

Bruce Markey mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 08 Dec 2002 20:43:20 -0800

Harondel J. Sibble wrote:
>>Open several shells ;-).
>
> I always have several open. CLI rocks ;-)

Konsole is kool 8-)

>>Once this works correctly, myth will work correctly. This
>>test is also useful for setting the volume levels so they
>>are close to equal between the two tuners.
>
> Actually Mythtv IS working correctly other than sound stopping when I plug
> out the audio cable from tv card1 to line in on sound card.  The sound stops
> for both tv cards which makes me think something else is going on.  However I
> can switch between tuners in myth and get sound no problem from either tuner
> (unless the cable is plugged out). OTOH, starting up the second tuner in
> xawtv, I get no sound whatsoever, no matter what the mixer settings are,
> including the bt878 mixer.

I seem to remember from your earlier posts that you assumed
that the "N" key switched which tuner card is used for the
fullscreen. As it turns out, "N swaps the two channels"
means the first card is always fullscreen and the second is
always PIP. Only the channels they are tuned to are reverse.

To test in myth, you should try recording two shows at the
same time to see if they both have audio. However, this could
be a slow process to test several times. "aplay" will tell
you immediately if you can read from the device the way myth
will read from the device. If things are right you should
see :

$ aplay /dev/dsp1
Playing raw data '/dev/dsp1' : Unsigned 8 bit, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono

and hear the TV audio. If this fails I don't see how myth
could work correctly until this test succeeds.

Hope that helps,

--  bjm