[mythtv] A couple Questions, seeking opinions.

Calvin Harrigan mythtv-dev@snowman.net
08 Dec 2002 14:04:05 -0500

Greetings all,
	I have been using MythTV for a while now and have been quite pleased
with it.  Over the weekend I've ran into two questions that I would like
to bounce off you guys.

1.  Are any of you using autologin for your mythtv boxen?  If so how did
you accomplish this.  I am not running KDE or GNOME, so using them to
autologin is not an option.  I'm currently running myth on a gentoo 1.2
setup.  Using TWM as the windows manager.

2. Do any of you use any advanced power management on you boxen?  You
know more than just shutting the HD down.  Like suspend or even sleep.
I'm thinking something along the lines of putting/forcing the machine to
sleep until disturbed or a recording is to take place.

Thanks for any feedback.

Calvin