[mythtv] TiVo Series2

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:53:31 -0500

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 12:48:09AM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Tuesday 03 December 2002 12:37 am, Brent Borghese wrote:
> > On Tivo you can do almost every thing with just 4 buttons, left, right,
> > up and down.  That would include watching live tv, playing recorded
> > programs, changing options, etc...
>
> You need a select button, and the UIs are cleaner if they're all exitable
> with an exit button on the remote, instead of one in the UI.

On my remote, I have bindings for up, down, left, right, OK, space and
escape.  The only things that I have noticed I cannot do with only these
bindings are:

- activate edit mode (I don't mind setting up a separate binding for this)
- bring up the program guide while watching TV ('m' I think)
- change the channel from the program guide ('m' again I think)

Is there a compelling reason not to use Enter/select to execute the last two
actions?

--
 - mdz