[mythtv] Will USB video capture cards work with MythTV?

Ray mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 08:35:35 -0700

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 11:37:40AM +0100, Henk Poley wrote:

> Just put up a link to those sources then...
>
> I'd like to say that google'ing with "(video4linux OR v4l) supported
> hardware" didn't bring me to the right place. After reading most of the
> found results, finaly the "VCR-Howto" pointed me at the kernel sources in
> /Documentation/Video4Linux/. Adding this to the google query and the string
> "2.4" finaly ditched up some (recent) results.

When I wanted info on my capture card (Matrox Marvel G200TV) I put "Matrox
Marvel Linux" into google and came up with the Marvel-Linux home page.
After reading the driver docs It was clear that it supported V4l.  That's
pretty much the same approach I use for any new hardware on Linux so maybe
something similar would work for you.

--
Ray