[mythtv-users] Recordings not working

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue May 25 22:40:27 UTC 2021

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 8:25 PM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps I ought to report that my two boxes running master with MariaDB
> have not had this problem; I guess that using EIT has kept the DBs
> connected.
>
> MariaDB versions 10.4.19 Fedora 33, 5.5.68 (!!) el7

Useful data points, and as expected.

The best current understanding of the root cause is that
this is a mysql (not mariadb) client library issue (and
is independent of which server type (mysql or mariadb)
one uses) and was introduced into the mysql client library
with the 8.0.24 version, and ubuntu made available the
8.0.25 version to replace their 8.0.23 version a bit more
than ten days ago which is when the problem was first
experienced.  While one can override various defaults
on platforms, I think pretty much only ubuntu (of the more
well known distributions) uses the mysql client library
(rather than the mariadb client library) as the default for
new(er) installs.