[mythtv-users] Recordings not working

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue May 25 13:47:10 UTC 2021

On 5/25/21 7:35 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> On 24/05/2021 20:29, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>> On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 5:47 PM Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Interesting that MariaDB uses error code for something else: ER_REFERENCED_TRG_DOES_NOT_EXIST.
>>
>> Thanks for the update.
>>
>> We have known (and seen) for quite some
>> time that MySQL and MariaDB were diverging
>> causing issues(*).
>>

> I would like to report that this issue does not only affect the backend
> but also the frontend.
>
> I just came back to a frontend that had been left running for many
> hours, but was idle, and it could not find any recordings. The frontend
> log also contains the signature "Error preparing query" lines.
>
> I will update the bug with this information.

Thanks for the info. I don't think we need new data.

The fix is pretty simple, but it's in common code used for
database access. It's currently repeated 3x and I decided
to put it all in 1 place. Also added logging that can
be turned on with general:debug to make it easier if/when this
happens again. So far, on master, my test 20.04 test host
and (unaffected) 18.04 production host are happy with it.

The fix will be against master and after some soak time in the
wild, be back ported to v31.0

I don't have a host with MariaDB handy (and there are reports
that it's affected) and no takers to test the fix there.

In the mean time, you can use the solution in the ticket or on
the Forum to increase wait_timeout. Increasing from the default
8 hours to 48 hours has made everyone happy (happier).

--
Bill