[mythtv-users] XMLTV, SchedulesDirect, and SH programming

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu May 20 17:36:00 UTC 2021

On Thu, 20 May 2021 13:04:05 -0400, you wrote:

> All,
>
>Since I upgraded to the XMLTV Sqlite JSON grabber with SchedulesDirect, I'm
>having trouble recording a show that used to work just fine before the
>upgrade.
>
>Pardon the Interruption (PTI) airs weekdays on ESPN, so I had a rule to
>record all showings of this program on that channel.  After the switch to
>XMLTV, mythtv only records one showing, and all subsequent showings are
>regarded as duplicates, so they are skipped.  I can see in the listings
>that all showings have the same episodeID, so I opened a case with SD to
>possibly address this episodeID issue, and I was told that the listings are
>correct, and this is because PTI is SH programming, versus EP programming.
>I was told that there most likely is a way to handle SH programs
>differently than EP programs in mythtv scheduling.
>
>Does anyone know what I need to do to get this recording back on track?
>
>Larry

When a programme has the same ID you can schedule by date and time
using the Custom Edit (Power) recording rules.  These can record once
a day or once a week or you can write some SQL to tell which episodes
to record (for example, record episodes on Tuesday and Thursday that
happen between 15:00 and 17:00).

I get ESPN EPG here as part of my satellite service (even though I do
not pay for the sports channels), so I had a quick look at my EPG data
for "Pardon the Interruption".  It looks like it might be a once a day
programme, in which case all you need to do is go into your current
recording rule and in the Schedule Options set it to "Don't match
duplicates".  Then it should record every episode regardless of the
EPG data.  But my PTI EPG data does not have programme ID fields in it
- if yours does, just setting "Don't match duplicates" may not be
sufficient and you may need to use a Power rule to record daily.