[mythtv-users] XMLTV for Schedules Direct

Steve Greene sgreene820 at gmail.com
Mon May 17 12:59:50 UTC 2021

I'm trying to get xmltv for SchedulesDirect configured, but I keep running
into problems with the mythtv user.

sudo --login --user=mythtv tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --configure
> --config-file /home/mythtv/.mythtv/SchedulesDirect.xmltv
> tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite uses a local database for downloaded EPG data.
> Please specify the database name created via tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite
> --manage-lineups
> Database for Schedules Direct EPG:
> [/home/mythtv/.xmltv/SchedulesDirect.DB]
> Initializing database /home/mythtv/.xmltv/SchedulesDirect.DB
> Unable to create settings table in database
> /home/mythtv/.xmltv/SchedulesDirect.DB: attempt to write a readonly database

Here is the ls -l from the /home/mythtv/.xmltv directory:

> -rw-rw-rw- 1 mythtv mythtv 4882432 May 17 08:46 SchedulesDirect.DB
> drwxrwxrwx 3 mythtv mythtv    4096 May 17 07:44 supplement
> -rw-rw-rw- 1 mythtv mythtv     293 May 17 08:46
> tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite.conf

I don't see any reason why the database should be read only. What am I
missing?  Is there a better way to set this up than the MythTV docs?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Steve Greene
(301) 842-8923
historicity.co
An independent archival professional specializing in still photography,
moving images and recorded sound.