[mythtv-users] mythfrontend crashing code 139

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat May 8 20:33:53 UTC 2021

On 5/8/21 3:00 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 10:05 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> not sure what to do, but I started getting this after I changed from vaapi high quality deinterlacing to medium quality. I ran it from the console.  This is a new NUC ASRock 1165G7 with Intel GFX. I'll go back to OpenGL standard for now, but thought I'd report.
> I do not know the current status for Xe support, but some
> number of months ago Intel Xe graphics reportedly
> needed later kernel support (and likely some other intel
> driver/media components) than ubuntu LTS was
> providing.  You may need to install ubuntu's OEM kernel.
>
> For testing purposes, perhaps install ubuntu 21.04.

I just installed the OEM kernel (5.10.0-1023-oem) and tested VAAPI
Normal profile. Still crashed. I switched back to OpenGL High Quality.
The only real issue is that on high action, about 10% down from the top
there is some tearing. Not sure if this is Wayland, X11, or mythtv. But
it could just be early in the Xe GFX support.

Jim A