[mythtv-users] mythfrontend crashing code 139

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat May 8 11:21:52 UTC 2021

On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 7:10 AM Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:

> On 5/8/21 6:02 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
>
> Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_va_gl.so: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory
>

> From a command line as root
>
> updatedb (Makes sure the locate database is up to date)
>
> locate libvdpau_va_gl.so
>
> If locate finds that on your system, then it's probably not in a standard
> library path.
>
> If not, then your missing a package if you used a PPA or you're missing a
> developer library if you compiled from source.
>
> Doug

I recently did the mythtv install by 'sudo add-apt-repository
ppa:mythbuntu/31'.  Then I 'sudo apt install mythtv-frontend'.

I didn't worry about the libvdpau being missing because it's Intel GFX. So
if it's needed the apt install mythtv-frontend should have added it, right?

What do I install to fix the missing libvdpau_va_gl.so?

BTW, it works fine with OpenGL High Quality video profile, except that the
tearing is still as bad as Intel GFX 10 years ago. Iris GFX still isn't as
good as a Nvidia GT 710

The good thing is I only use this PC to watch local news sometimes. My TV
watching is usually with Nvidia Shield TV, so no issues there.

Jim A