[mythtv-users] Mythzmserver DB problems. Was: doesn't start:...

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Fri May 7 20:03:29 UTC 2021

On Thu, May 06, 2021 at 10:40:50PM +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:

> With a camera highlighted you can press MENU (M) to show a dialog where you
> can enable/disable a camera or change it's function Modect, Monitor, Record
> etc just like you can do in the ZM web interface. You can also toggle on/off
> the notification function. If your camera is using one of the functions like
> Modect that detect motion then when ZM changes it's status to Alert or Alarm
> MythTV with show a popup showing the camera. Can be useful to see when there
> is activity on a camera but can get annoying if you get a lot of false
> alarms caused by wind/rain etc. Also unfortunately the current architecture
> of the MythTV video player means the popup wont work when playing something
> :(

Thank you! Nice to know all this.  I'll keep exploring.

> The aspect ratio thing is a known problem. Back when the plugin was created
> most if not all camera's captured in 4:3 aspect ratio. I think it was only

Ok, that makes sense.  The camera that gets stretched vertically feeds
720p, the one that gets stretched horizontally feeds 640x480 (see

> when ZM added support for IP cameras some of which can capture at 16:9 did
> it become a problem. Since it's not something that really bothers me I've
> not really looked in detail at what needs to be done to fix it properly. If
> you only have one camera and it always capture in 16:9 you could probably
> just make the size of the image in the theme you use have an aspect of 16:9
> for now.

At this point I'm still exploring the capabilities, I'll keep at it and
see what I can do.  Thanks!

Augustine