[mythtv-users] Mythzmserver DB problems. Was: doesn't start:...

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu May 6 08:50:04 UTC 2021

On 06/05/2021 03:00, A. F. Cano wrote:
> On Wed, May 05, 2021 at 05:05:13PM +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:
>> Don't know how comfortable you are with compiling your own source but
>> because mythzmserver can be complied standalone without needing MythTV or QT
>> to be installed you could easily� compile a newer version that has support
>> for ZM 1.32.3 and just replace your existing mythzmserver with the newly
>> complied one.
>>

>> You would� grab one of the releases from
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/releases and unzip the source.
>>

>> You would then change into the mythzmserver directory and do the 'make -f
>> Makefile.standalone' and then copy the mythzmserver executable over your
>> existing one. No need to compile the rest of MythTV it's not needed.
>
> That was easy!  Got it compiled and running in minutes.  I now get the
> live view, but the image is stretched vertically.  The one camera is
> running in Monitor mode and the ZoneMinder Console shows it with
> Function "Monitor [R]" and Source "/dev/video0(0) [S]"  is it normal
> for the source being "[S] Stopped"? It seems that the console is just to
> see the status and nothing can be controlled from it, right?
>
> What configuration do I need to do to get the live view with the proper
> aspect ratio?

Everything can be done from the console! Hint: much of that line is highlighted against each camera
and is a link to a function.

Click the camera name to get a live view. Click the Source item to see the configuration for that
source. Click any non-zero number to the right to see selections of the recorded events.

--

Mike Perkins